In response to high demand and increased number of students, the Kind Kids Club will continue next year at the school. This group of Grade 4 and 5 students will meet weekly to discuss and create activities to promote faith, kindness, acceptance and positive mental health in the school community. This initiative has been given $650.
The Kind Kids Club enhances faith for children by offering opportunities to both promote and model kindness in our school and community much like Jesus. Our club also encourages all children to have a sense of ‘belonging’ and ‘purpose’ as they walk their faith journey with supportive adults and new friends. The Education Foundations funding allowed us the opportunity to ‘give back’ within our school and the surrounding community. “Giving Back” allowed our students to demonstrate Humanness by allowing students to better understand compassion, and form it in their lives.
The funds were used for crafts, supplies to support our students’ presentation at the Healthy Active School Symposium (HASS), and Kindness Rocks materials. Funds will also be used to restock some of our board games that are shared with families to help encourage the 40 Developmental Assets. Students continue to come each week to the club and are eager for the start of new projects!
Thank you for providing this opportunity for our students to grow through their faith and kind acts.
- We Scare Hunger Food Drive – the school community collected 1,318 items and donated to the Red
Deer Food Bank
- HASS Presentation & Activity – Hide a Kindness Bookmark in your school
- Rock Painting of Kind Messages that will be spread throughout the community in the spring
- Happy heart messages for staff
- Bookmarks & thank you cards for community agencies (CFS, Alberta Mental Health, Sexual
Assault Centre, Suicide Information & Education Services, Child Advocacy Centre…)
- Random Act of Kindness Flowers for surrounding neighbourhood delivery
- Board games to support family programming
- Kind Kids fill snack baskets for classrooms